Forensic Science Research
World Class Research in Forensic Science
Areas in which our students and faculty conduct research include:
- Bloodstain pattern analysis
- Crime scene investigation and reconstruction
- Chromatography and spectroscopy
- Controlled substances identification
- DNA - genomic, mitochondrial, damaged, and historical identification
- Fire debris
- Firearms, ballistics, and ricochet analysis
- Forensic biology/serology
- Impression evidence
- Trace evidence
If you are interested in research, contact a faculty member in your research area of interest about qualifications and next steps to get involved.
Cutting-edge research happens at all levels of our program. Undergrads, grads, and faculty conduct world-class research across a broad spectrum of forensic science topics and disciplines.