Opportunities both on and off campus.
Housing is available both on and off campus. Here are some links to useful website with further details:
Penn State Auxillary Services gives information on on-campus graduate housing options.
StateCollege.com has information and links for off-campus housing.
CataBus.com has information about the Centre Area Transportation Authority bus system.
Mostly State College resources (housing, commuting, etc.):
- Penn State off-campus housing service
- The Apartment Store (one of many private apartment rental offices in State College)
- ARPM realty/rentals
- Continental realty/rentals
- Park Forest realty/rentals
- Central Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Best restaurants in State College (according to Trip Advisor)
- Best places to hike near State College
- Entertainment in State College
- Megabus links about transportation to/from State College
- CATA (Centre Area Transit Authority) – local bus system
Mostly Penn State graduate resources:
- Penn State Health Services (on campus)
- Penn State Recreation Facilities (on campus)
- Penn State Counseling and Psychological Services or CAPS (on campus)
- Student Disability Services office
- Penn State Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) group
- Physics and Astronomy Women (PAW) student/postdoc group
- International Student Services (DISSA) office
- oSTEM (Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics - LGBTQA+ undergrad and grad science students and allies)
- SACNAS (Penn State chapter)
- EPPIC (English for Professional Purposes Intercultural Center)
- Penn State Graduate Writing Center (GWC) office
- Penn State Affirmative Action office
- Penn State Graduate Student policies
- Penn State Graduate School Thesis and Dissertation information