Associate Teaching Professor of Physics
Director of Online Education in Physics
Université Laval (B.Sc.), 2001
Cornell University (Ph.D.), 2006
Physics Education Research. I am interested in assessing new innovative learning tools in online education particularly related to science laboratories. I study innovating teaching that aim to better develop students' self-regulatory learning, critical thinking and communication skills. I also do research related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity and Accessibility.
Recent Professional Development
- 2020 American Association os Physics Teachers Inclusivity Workshop
- Rainbow Science Network
- Member of APS-IDEA (Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity Alliance) since 2020
- RASE: Modeling cumulative disadvantage due to marginalized group status in academia: S Shandera, JL Matsick, DR Hunter, L Leblond, PLOS one 16 (12), e0260567
- Designing Laboratories for Online Instruction using the iOLab Device Leblond, Louis, and Melissa Hicks The Physics Teacher 59.5 (2021): 351-355
- Mastering Physics Efficacy Report Correlational Study and Longitudinal Study. Christine Leow, Kenneth Lee, Yun Jin Rho, Louis Leblond and Eric Hudson, Proceedings AERA conference, 2019
- On the Decay of Massive Fields in de Sitter, D. P. Jatkar, L. Leblond, A. Rajaraman, Phys. Rev. D 85, 024047 (2012), arXiv:1107.3513 [hep-th]
- Breakdown of Semiclassical Methods in de Sitter Space, C. P. Burgess, R. Holman, L. Leblond and S. Shandera, JCAP, 1010 017 (2010), arXiv:1005.3551 [hep-th]
- Constructing Infrared Finite Propagators in Inflating Space-time, J. Kumar, L. Leblond and A. Rajaraman, Phys. Rev. D 82, 023525 (2010), arXiv:1002.4214 [hep-th].
- Scale Dependent Local Non-Gaussianity from Loops, J. Kumar, L. Leblond and A. Rajaraman, JCAP 1004, 024 (2010) arXiv:0909.2040 [astro-ph.CO].
- Mirage in the Sky: Non-thermal Dark Matter, Gravitino Problem, and Cosmic Ray Anomalies, B. Dutta, L. Leblond and K. Sinha, Phys. Rev. D 80, 035014 (2009), arXiv:0904.3773 [hep-ph].
- Gravitational Waves from Broken Cosmic Strings: The Bursts and the Beads, L. Leblond, B. Shlaer and X. Siemens, Phys. Rev. D 79, 123519 (2009) arXiv:0903.4686 [astro-ph.CO].